Group Volunteer Opportunities
When you have found an opportunity in which you’re interested, please click here for the next steps on how to become a volunteer. If you have any questions, please contact Tasha Melvin, at volunteer or (919) 693-5878, ext. 28.
- Circles of Support (12 month commitment)
- For one year, form a group that provides support to formerly homeless families/individuals moving into permanent housing. Through Circles of Support, volunteers will mentor a family or individual over a period of 12 months with the goal of helping them to sustain their housing and enhance their quality of life. This program is designed to help end homelessness in our community. For more information click here.
- Hospitality Rotation (4 to 5 times a year)
- Be part of a larger group (often several congregations support together) that will provide meals and children’s programming Mondays-Thursdays. These volunteers enable us to provide essential programming to both our current residence and our after-care families. Click here to learn more.
- Birthday Party Hosts (Saturday afternoons)
- Each month FMF staff solicits support from our local community, recruiting volunteer groups to host a monthly birthday celebration for our guests. Hosts are asked to make all of the plans for the celebration (food, decorations, games, etc.). Parties are scheduled on Saturday afternoons between 12 pm and 4 pm, lasting no more than 2 hours.
- Family Engagement Hosts (Friday evenings)
- Each Friday evening, FMF staff solicits support from our local community recruiting volunteer groups to host a fun evening of games, movies, and other engaging events for our families. Groups of no more than 10 volunteers are asked to plan activities that are family friendly and enjoyable, including food or refreshments.
- Room Refreshers
- Volunteers are needed to help thoroughly clean rooms when a family has moved out and prepare the room for a new family moving in. Once you let us know that you would like to be a Room Refresher, you will be placed on our list and called to see if you can help as need arises.
If your group has any other ideas for projects you would like to do, please contact Tasha Melvin, at volunteer or (919) 693-5878, ext. 28.